the Philadelphia 76ers snapped two long active winning streaks Wednesday night. Heading into their home game against the Charlotte Hornets, the Sixers were red hot.
Before closing out December, Philadelphia hit the road for three straight games. They have scored key victories over the Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets. Then to kick off 2022, the Sixers hosted the Houston Rockets and took care of home business.
After hitting the road for a one-game game against the Orlando Magic, Philadelphia earned its fifth straight win. Then they returned home to face the San Antonio Spurs before heading to Houston to face the Rockets for the second time in a week.
With two more wins, the Sixers surpassed their season-high winning streak by going seven in a row. Heading into Wednesday’s game against Charlotte, the Sixers could have had eight straight wins overall and 17 straight wins over the Hornets. However, the Sixers struggled to keep the ball rolling.
The bad trend of not finding stable momentum at home continued on Wednesday. And the Hornets, who have played an impressive ball this season, proved to be the most motivated team this week as they returned to the Sixers after losing two games to Philly earlier this year.
As Philly ends its winning streak, they will return to the field Friday night to get back on track against the Boston Celtics. In their previous two outings against the Celtics in Boston, the Sixers have lost one game and won one. On Friday, they will look to take the lead in the series by starting the first of a series of back-to-back games.
Key Game Notes
- The Sixers have won eight of their last ten games
- Playing in Philadelphia, the Sixers are 8-9 this year
- On the road, the Celtics are 8-13 this season
- Boston is currently on a three-game winning streak
- The Celtics have gone 5-5 in the last ten games
- The Celtics and Sixers are 1-1 against each other this year
- Boston is 3-6 ATS in its last nine games this season
- Celtics are 0-6 ATS in their last six games against Philadelphia
- Sixers are 5-1 ATS in their last six games
- The total has dropped in four of Philadelphia’s last six games
Danny Green – Exit
Braxton Key – Exit
Shake Milton – Out
Ben Simmons – Exit
Jaden Springer – Out
Sam Hauser – Release
Marcus Smart – Exit
Spread: Sixers -3.5
Money line: PHI -163, BOS +138
Total O/U: 210.5
*All ratings provided by IF sports betting
*Choose Submitted via TallySight
Justin Grasso covers the Philadelphia 76ers for Sports Illustrated. You can follow him for live updates on Twitter: @JGrasso_.