Army dad wears CoComelon costume to surprise daughter
Dressed in a CoComelon costume, Alabama National Guard Pvt 2nd Soldier. Class Keven Fuqua surprises his 3 year old daughter Zakharia at her birthday party.
Militarykind, USA TODAY
The world’s largest retailer and streaming service have teamed up to open an online store.
Walmart announced Monday that it has launched the Netflix Hub at Walmart.com/netflix, which it says will be the “largest online retail destination for Netflix consumer products in the United States.”
Examples of products launched on the Netflix hub include a collection of Stranger Things music and figures, Squid Game clothing, Cocomelon dolls and a toddler bed set and an Ada Twist lab play set.
“At Netflix, we love when stories transcend screens and become a part of people’s lives,” Josh Simon, vice president, consumer products at Netflix, told USA TODAY. “Walmart has given us the opportunity to deliver a shopping experience that sets a new level of innovation for the consumer entertainment product space.”
►Save better, spend better: Money tips and advice delivered straight to your inbox. register here
►The anticipated Black Friday target offers have been dropped: Shop the bestsellers in tech, home and fashion through October 12
It is also Netflix’s first digital storefront with a national retailer.
“Netflix fans are passionate about their shows, and we saw an opportunity to bring these stories home in new and exciting ways,” said Jeff Evans, executive vice president of entertainment and toys for Walmart US, in a statement to USA TODAY.
Evans said one of his favorite items was the Stranger Things Tape Player Pack. There will also be a collection of music and action figures from the show.
For fans of Nailed It !, baking kits are also on sale at Walmart stores for $ 15.98.
“This is a good example of the type of exclusive experience we create for our clients,” said Evans. “The kit allows our customers to experience a Nailed It! Event live in the comfort of their own kitchen.”
The hub will soon include a crowdsourced feature called “Netflix Fan Select” that will allow fans to vote for the products they’d like to see from their favorite Netflix titles that Walmart merchants bring to life, Evans said.
“The idea is that we would like to provide customers with the ability to vote for the merchandise of their favorite shows that they would like to own,” Evans told USA TODAY. “Think of it as a boost for Netflix products. We will provide a pool of articles and customers will be able to vote for their favorites. Once an item receives enough votes, we will work with our supplier partners to develop it on a large scale.
►McDonald’s free for educators: McDonald’s will provide a free “Thank You Meal” breakfast to teachers and school staff starting Monday
► Thanksgiving dinner at Popeyes: Popeyes Cajun turkeys return for Thanksgiving. Here’s when and how to pre-order.
Netflix Hub at Walmart
Walmart says that over the next few months, Netflix fans will be able to find “compelling and coveted products in a variety of categories, including music, clothing, toys, and games, for fan-favorite shows like Stranger.” Things, Nailed It! and Cocomelon, and new shows like Ada Twist. Examples of products that will be available on the Netflix Hub this fall:
Ada Twist Toys
- Ada Twist Cuddle Plush ($ 10.97) – First Walmart Exclusive on the Market
- Glow & go Notepad ($ 24.82) – First Walmart Exclusive on the Market
- Science Doll ($ 24.82) – Walmart Marketplace First Exclusive
- On The Go Lab ($ 44.44) – Walmart Exclusive, The First On The Market
- Plush JJ Doll ($ 19.97)
- Spark. To create. To imagine. Cocomelon School Bus with Letters, Numbers & Music, Unisex ($ 29.97) – Walmart Exclusive
- Cocomelon 4 Piece Toddler Bed Set with Bonus Blanket ($ 36.97) – Walmart Exclusive
I have arrived! pastry shop
- Cooking Kits ($ 15.98) – Walmart Exclusive; available in store (soon online)
Squid games shirts
- T-shirts, variety of styles at various prices, coming soon
Stranger Things Merchandise
- Bluetooth Cassette Player ($ 64.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- Music Vinyl ($ 33.97) – Walmart Exclusive
- Stranger Things Collector’s Box ($ 54.96) – Walmart Exclusive
- Stanger Things Void Series Eleven Action Figure and Tape Set ($ 59.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- T-shirts, variety of styles ranging from price
- The Witcher Netflix Grunt & Grumble Geralt ‘Talking’ Plush Collectible ($ 34.96) – Walmart Exclusive
- The Witcher Netflix Transformed Geralt Dark Horse Collectible Statue ($ 59.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- Funko Pop! Ride Deluxe: Witcher – Geralt and Roach Vinyl Figure ($ 24.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- T-shirts variety of styles ranging in price
Waffles + Mochi
- Waffles + Mochi: The Recipe Book ($ 17.99)
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko. For shopping news, tips and deals, join us on our Shopping Ninjas Facebook group.